Sunday, January 2, 2011

Crossroads and Resolutions

 Tomorrow is Robin's fourth round of Chemo. It may or may not have an effect. The next course may or may not have an effect. Luckily, her normal oncologist won't be there, and we will be seeing one of the PA's. Hrm.

 The surgeon had said he wanted to consult with the other doctors for a while to determine the next step, but we don't really like the time that is elapsing without hearing things. We think it is probably time to move forward.

 I don't see the point in trying to decide, especially since one of the oncologists told us that Robin wouldn't make it through this without at least a mastectomy. Maybe now is the time to move ahead and get a step closer towards healing.

 Especially since it's my wife that is hanging in the balance here, and I don't have it in me to tell my kids their mom isn't coming home. I always accepted that with being in the Marines, and with my current job I might not come home some day, but that's part of the job.

 It isn't part of the deal for Robin. Moms aren't supposed to get this end of the deal. So I think we will be asking to look at surgery sooner rather than later...

No comments:

Post a Comment