Sunday, March 27, 2011

Outlets

 No, it's not about shopping, though I heard there are some good outlets around Gettysburg.

 I'm talking about stress outlets. I think I need to find some. I haven't really had a good workout since Morgan was born, and I think this is part of it. I need to get back out and run.

 I have always had a love/hate relationship with running. It is mostly hate, and then after a while I start to love it. I always start out strong, then eventually stop running. The first time was when I tore my meniscus up in Monterey, and then was too young and hard charging to get it looked at till years later. Now, I think it's just because I'm not doing it.

 I need to start again though, because I need to get my zen back. I have been teaching the kids Tang Soo Do (the style of Korean Martial Arts I got my black belt in), and I am really enjoying getting back to it. I do want to get Meg and I into some classes locally, I just don't know that many of the local Martial Arts people out here these days.

 I think over all I just need an outlet. I need to get back to being the healthy, balanced husband and father again. It's hard for me to be the strong one when I find myself getting wrapped around the axle about everything.

 My doctor gave me an anti-depressant, but I haven't started it yet. Kinda worried about the side effects, and I'm also waiting till Pete and Leigh are done visiting. The label says avoid alcohol. So, I believe it.

 I also don't want priapism. Or excessive yawning for that matter.
 We'll see how it goes.

 I really think this last round of chemo was the worst one Robin has had. We think it was the combo of two major surgeries back to back combined with the giant piles of cellular destruction. Only four more rounds yet. At least that is an end in sight, and after that the radiation.

 So we just keep putting one foot in front of the other, and we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment