Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 8: Bittersweet Blessings

 Today I filled out some paperwork for work, and realized that 5 years ago, when I started at the prison, I must have been paying attention, since I listened and bought and maxed my family life insurance option. I didn't remember doing it, but obviously I did.

 The life insurance payment will pay off all of Robin's medical bills, and we will be completely out of debt. What sucks though, and as much of a blessing as that is; it was what we were aiming for.

 Together.

 We had made so much progress before she got sick, and we kept up our progress during everything. We spent more wisely, we saved, we paid things off.

 I'm realizing all the things in life that I'd wanted to achieve in life that I am achieving are suddenly empty. We fought for these things to improve our life, and now that they are coming to fruition, it is just me.

 Victory feels empty alone.

 I woke up this morning with Logan in bed with me. He hasn't done that in a long time. He said, "I didn't want you to be all alone, so I got in bed with you."

 Robin and I have beautiful children. I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment